Monday, August 24, 2015
Your blog editor goofed -- the August meeting for EBHQ is not tonight, it's next Monday, August 31. My apologies. -- Rachel Holmen
CORRECTED TEXT: Summer is coming to a close, and next Monday's meeting (August 31) features Ana Lisa Hedstrom, who will talk about "35 Years of Shibori Dyeing for Pieced Clothing and Quilts". See you there! -- Rachel Holmen
Monday, August 03, 2015
EBHQ’s Alameda County Arts Commission Exhibit
Oct. 23 - Feb. 26, 2016: Alameda County Administration Bldg., 1221 Oak Street, near the Oakland Museum and just three blocks from Lake Merritt BART
Oct. 23 - June 2, 2016: Highland Care Pavilion, 1411 E. 31st Street, Oakland
Don’t miss the chance to be included this year and show off your fabulous work. Both shows are located in well-lit, secure areas with high traffic that are open to the public during normal working hours, Monday through Friday. Our annual show is highly anticipated by the County workers and the public who visit these buildings. What a wonderful way to promote quilting and EBHQ in the East Bay!
We need up to 40 pieces (that have not been previously shown here) in a wide range of styles and dimensions. Quilts can be up to 65” in length and of any width, but small and medium quilts are most welcome and show very well. Quilts will need to have a 4” sleeve sewn on the back.
1. Submit entry forms no later than September 28th EBHQ general meeting
2. Deliver quilts at one of these events: General meetings on August 31 or Sept. 28, Drop-Ins on Sept. 8 and 19. Or make special arrangements with Jane Herlihy.
3. Show Installation: October 23, 2015
4. Show De-installation: Feb. 26 (County Administration Bldg.) and June 2, 2016 (Highland Pavilion)
5. Quilts returned to you at general meeting following the date of show closure, or by special arrangement.
Information will also be posted on our website and in the upcoming August Friendship Knot.Print out entry form:
Questions? Contact: Jane Herlihy firstname.lastname@example.org (510)339-3494
-- posted by Pati Fried